Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Fake it 'till you make it!

     Ok so I am not great at many things but I am great at faking! (just ask my husband!)
I love to do a ton of creative things, and sometimes my approach to certain things might be crazy, but as long as I am happy with the end result that's all that matters!
     For example, I LOVE doing makeup! When I was little my Maw Maw (grandmother for you NON-Southern Folk),would let me put make up on her all the time. I can still remember the smell of the cover girl 4 color eyeshadow palette. One of the 4 colors was straight up turquoise!

My Paw Paw would come from the back of the house to refill his 64oz. Circle K mug with a fresh Coke, and was met by his sweet wife.
He would do a double take, pause,  and tell her how beautiful she looked. He would then hurry back to the Three Stooges. I suppose so we wouldn't hear him laugh at Maw Maw's new streetwalker makeover.

     Point is, I loved doing makeup and even though I might not have known in the beginning what were appropriate colors for a Grandmother, I would learn in time, but until then I was gonna Fake it!

That is my approach to so many things- Decorating, Photography, Crafting, Refinishing Furniture, sewing/hot glueing, etc. So instead of pinning stuff all day……which I do a lot…get up and try it!
If whatever you just did sucked…don't tell anyone and try again until its great!
No one will ever know you sanded and repainted a chair 72 times, they will just see a fabulous chair in your house one day, and you can casually express it was one of your DIY's. Your friends will be green with envy, and you will be so proud of what you accomplished :)


My daughter is on the Left applying lipgloss to her bestie, during our soccer game. 
Was I upset she wasn't paying attention to the game?…. 
Nope! 
*If your bestie needs lipgloss drop everything and pucker up!*
That's what real friends do!
#lifelesson
Such a proud moment!


I will post some past makeup jobs that I have done soon, along with some fun techniques and tricks!
Stay tuned!!!

3 comments:

  1. you started blogging? What the heck? Well at least I can get my B-fix now! And B is for Brittany. Love what you've done so far! -Annielane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your Maw Maw story. What a fun memory. YOU ARE AWESOME!!! Thanks for blogging and sharing your fun self with us!

    ReplyDelete