Thursday, April 24, 2014




Dr.Seuss 
Thing One Thing Two- 
Twin BABY SHOWER


My son's teacher was pregnant with twins, and since I was the room mom I decided that the class would give her a surprise shower!
The kids were pumped about keeping this secret, however our teacher had those babies before our scheduled shower.
You will notice on the banner that she "was" due.
It didn't matter- She had the most precious babies and although they were a bit early, they are healthy and happy & home with momma!

So theme…..
I looked all over the web for twin shower ideas, and there are some cute ones! 
But I thought that the students would enjoy Dr. Seuss and have more fun with it.
So I started my pintrest searches for decor ideas like we all do-
Found a couple I liked, and added a few of my own-
All CRAZY easy to make and do.
Also I am the most frugal person on the planet so if I can find it at the dollar store….I'm all over it!



First was the fun Whoville looking trees- Easiest thing EVER-
*Pool Noodle ($0.97 each)
*use tape, paper or (extra vinyl i had laying around) to make the stripes (free)
*and tissue poms (1 big pack of red $3.99), I had the other already)
DONE!!!!!



I know this looks like a lot, but when you break it down it's super easy!

*Thing 1 Thing 2 flag banners- scrap fabric I cut into triangles & and printed off the letters from the computer and used a die cutter to make the scalloped edge around each letter. I hung it on fishing line so in case I needed it to hang lower you wouldn't see any unwanted wire or ribbon.I added some scrap shreds of fabric to the end to add more interest.
*backdrop- the turquoise paper…..now this was free because 
I borrowed from the teachers workroom- 
WITH PERMISSION! 
Ya know the giant rolls of paper, well I happily rolled them back up after the shower and put them back in the workroom to be used again- SO THERE! Don't judge me!
*Red polka dot plastic table cloth- (Walmart- $1.99)







 

Ok… SUPER EASY AGAIN!!!!
(BELOW) 
I had a flat stick from the garage and to that I added 1 red poster cut into 3 sizes and adhered them to the stick-
I used some "workroom" paper and drew the outline of the arrows, trying to be as Seussical as possible :)
Now for the fun letters… I did buy these from Jo Ann's.
They were $3.99 for the pack but I couldn't pass them up-
I then stuck the stick into a weighted POPCORN tub (yup) from the dollar store, and put a platter on top of the bucket to hold cupcakes. The red & white stripes on the buckets were perfect, so I just covered where it said "popcorn".
Jo Ann's also had that fun teachers bulletin board scalloped border that I bought and used as well- I trimmed the popcorn buckets with it, and also cut out the characters from it and used it like table confetti.




*The 2 smaller popcorn buckets were weighted and then I placed a clear platter on each. I used more "workroom paper" and instantly 2 more tiers for cupcakes :)
 P.S. Brookshires in Celina,Tx made the cupcakes with a 24 hour notice!
They turned out so cute!……I don't BAKE!!!


Next are these Dr. Seuss hats- also @ Jo ann's they came in a package of 24 for 4.99.
I thought the kids would get a kick out of wearing them during the shower, and the teacher was greeted with her own hat when she walked in :)
On the back of each hat ,I used packing tape and taped "PRE-WRAP" on each one.
I tied it on each student like headbands and it worked perfect!
(pre-wrap is what athletes wrap their wrist or ankles with before they actually tape. It comes in a roll and has a stretchy, spongy, sticky feel to it. it will tear away easily so be careful when tying. and it comes in a TON of colors!)






**To the right of the red bucket I took color copies of the
 "Cat in a Hat" book and just glued them to poster board.  Then folded them to look like the book was on the table.

*Ok- the large Red & Blue plastic buckets that held the drinks were also from the dollar store!

*(and so were the bows)

*another popcorn bucket disguised to hold straws and pom pom dowels left over from a princess party we attended (thanks Carrie)
*Baby bottle- Dollar store
*Candy to fill the bottle- Dollar store
-The students had to write their guesses next
to their assigned #.

*I also had the students write a message to their teachers new baby twins about why they thought their teacher was going to make such a great mother.  That went on the blank pages inside the book "Are you my mother?"  
                                      

*2 more buckets from the dollar store each one held a Dr. Suess theme blanket for each twin. 
The students helped tie the blankets :)
Then i put dowels in the back of each bucket with poster board kites 
at the top that thing 1 and thing 2 held.


*These onsies were made with the iron on computer transfer paper.
The onsies were a little pricey for my budget…which was $0
They were $9.00 for 3 onsies- but they were cute-
                                       


In the end, I loved the way it all came together! 




1 comment: