Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Baseball Belly

BASEBALL BELLY:




So this isn't your typical baseball loving maternity shoot….. This was a last minute 9 o'clock at night, trespass on an elementary baseball field, and take some pics kind of shoot!
This was my sweet Sissy-n-law who wanted to give her husband (Head Baseball Coach Of SVU), something fun for their maternity pics. Knowing the families love of the game, we got creative!
Becca (the preggo in the pics) had seen a few ideas on Pintrest of shirts with seams painted on, and one belly painted that was a little "shady looking." So since I am a makeup artist….I thought I could easily paint baseball seams on her tummy- EASY….HA!!!!! Let me just say that I have a deeper appreciation for stage & theatrical makeup! I will say that the numerous times I drew them on, and then quickly wiped them off- it eventually payed off.
Some of the pictures it really looks like seams are sewn into her belly!

So to make the seams I used a combo of…
Red lipstick
black eyeliner
white eyeliner
and black eyeshadow

For outfits & accessories…
2 xxL Ranger Jerseys (we stole out of my husbands collection)
ranger hat
baseball bat (might have been a signed bat nobody is supposed to touch)
jeans
baseball glove
bucket of balls
baseball field (hopefully you won't be trespassing on a school property :)

We had so much fun with this and were laughing the whole time- and I have a good camera, but I still have no clue how to work the thing- so the editing on Mac's IPHOTO helped- but you might want to plan for some better lighting, however I love how these turned out! Hopefully it will give some other baseball obsessed families a fun idea for their future MLB player :)



Overall the photoshoot was a HOME RUN!……see what I did there….

No comments:

Post a Comment